Data / Reports
The South Carolina Health Professions Data Book compiles existing information from a variety of sources into a single repository of information about the health status of the population in South Carolina and the number and distribution of healthcare providers actively practicing within the state. Our intention is provide an easily accessible resource for state, county and local planning groups as they address healthcare needs and access issues. Organized by county and regions, the Data Book contains:
- counts of healthcare providers;
- the age and racial composition of the population
- health status indicators such as infant mortality rates, the percent of people with diabetes, number of cancer deaths, etc.;
- hospital and skilled nursing home beds and hospital discharges;
- socio-economic indicators related to health such as health insurance coverage, unemployment, income and education levels.
This report also includes maps showing how each of the 17 licensed healthcare professions and occupations in the state are distributed geographically and concentrated relative to population.
Click on the image below to download the report.
Bound copies of the South Carolina Health Professions Data Book can be ordered from the South Carolina AHEC Program Office by using our order form or by contacting the Office for Healthcare Workforce Analysis and Planning at (843) 792-6679.
This page contains reports and fact sheets related to the various occupational groups that make up the healthcare workforce in South Carolina. Please check this page frequently for new updates.
Select a category to view below:
Health Professions Data Books
Education Program Data